Ergonomics is the study of the relationship between people, their work, and their physical work environment. The HealthPoint Wellness Program is here to promote employee health by providing information to help eliminate discomfort and limit the ergonomic risk of injury in the workplace. The first step is to analyze your workstation and set up your desk for ergonomic success! Review the video resources for tips below.
- Ergonomics Self-Evaluation: Computer Workstation
- UT System Ergonomics Checklist
- How To Set Up Your Desk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8_ME4VwTiw&t=15s
- Office Posture Exercises. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPWBUYpsWSY
- 5 – Minute Office Stretch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO2U5VH1Fn4
Request authorization from your supervisor to obtain approval to purchase equipment. HealthPoint does not purchase or approve equipment purchases.
Ergonomic items include height-adjustable work surfaces, chairs, keyboard trays, monitor arms, accessories, and input devices. Most workstation furniture is now available as standard equipment from Surplus Office. https://facilitiesservices.utexas.edu/divisions/support/surplus-property/surplus-reuse-store
For information about ADA Ergonomics visit UT Austin Environmental Health and Safety. https://ehs.utexas.edu/working-safely/ergonomics